At Diavik, we are committed to sustainable development, fully embracing our share in that joint responsibility with all legitimate interested parties.
We contribute to sustainable development by seeking to maximize the resources we mine, by pursuing opportunities to enhance environmental, social and economic benefits, and by reducing adverse effects that may result from our undertakings.
The way we work reflects our strong sense of corporate social responsibility to, and active involvement with, co-workers, host communities, regulators and customers.
Health, safety, environment, and quality policy
At Diavik, we are committed to the health and safety of our workforce, environmental protection, and quality in the processing of our diamonds.
We are committed to creating excellence in our systems to ensure we meet our core values of integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
Supported by these values, we believe that all incidents and injuries are preventable.
Our goal is zero harm.
To support our Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policy, we commit to:
• Identify, eliminate, or otherwise control health, safety, environment, and quality risks to our people, product, local communities, and the environment in which we operate.
• Provide our workforce with the resources they need to achieve our goal of zero HSEQ incidents, injuries, and illnesses.
• Comply with all applicable commitments, standards, laws, regulations, and other requirements.
• Foster a culture of involvement.
• Support a measurable commitment to quality processes which meets or exceeds our joint venture partner and customer requirements.
• Ensure that HSEQ expectations are clearly communicated and that their management systems are audited.
• Continually seek to reduce the environmental footprint of our operations and related activities.
• Generate sustainable HSEQ performance through long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our communities and all other stakeholders.
• Be transparent with our workforce, communities, monitoring boards, and regulators about incidents that occur within our workplace.
Our vision of excellence is reflected in the product we mine, process and deliver every day. We commit to applying the principles of this policy to continuously improve the way we work.